Water Damage Restoration in Kempner is a very difficult task, especially if you are doing everything all by yourself. To avoid the problems and mistakes that could turn up to be a disaster, one should hire a Water Damage Restoration Service Company. If you go in for a company with experienced team of personnel it will be good for you in long run. They have the experience of restoring things from water damage very easily and try to Avoid the Big Losses.
The sooner your call, the lesser your losses will be. Water damage restoration companies especially in Kempner and the surrounding areas will also guarantee you that their repair estimates will be accepted by the insurance company which means that you have almost nothing to lose by hiring professionals.
Water Damage - Cleaning and Drying – Trust an Expert
One never knows when disaster will hit. The only way one can be prepared is to have insurance on water damage to your house or business. If you've recently suffered water damage you need to get help fast from a company that specializes in water damage restoration.
Steps to find someone quick to help you:
1) Check the phone book or search on the Internet for a few companies to consider.
2) After choosing a couple of companies to consider hiring, check their website. Look to see what their company offers to customers. Does it work with your insurance company? Do they hire quality trained professionals? Are they registered with the Better Business Bureau? These are just a few questions you should be researching.
You need to get your items saved as quickly as possible from water damage. You do not want mold and mildew to set into your carpet. Make sure the company will be using high quality products to get any smells and kill all mold, mildew, and bacteria in your home. Mold, mildew, and bacteria can be hiding in water damaged areas such as your walls, items that are wet, floors, and even your ceiling if affected.
Once the company you have hired for water restoration is finished you can get back to the normal routine of your life.
Getting Water Damage Invoices Past Insurance Adjusters
One of the most frustrating things about water restoration is getting a call from the adjuster saying your invoice is too high. During my 14 + years in the water restoration business I have gotten plenty of calls from adjusters saying that my price is too high on this dehumidifier or this fan, etc. This used to bug me until I learned the secret to prevent most of these calls, COMMUNICATION & DOCUMENTATION. Remember that the adjuster has to justify his work to his boss and as long as the price and scope of work can be justified then it will be paid.
Starting off the job on the right foot is important. You should always get a work authorization signed by the insured before starting work. A work authorization will allow some insurance companies to be able to pay you directly or at least get your name on the check.
Then as soon as the initial mitigation is performed, call the adjuster and let him/her know what you did. This can be done on the way back to your office. During this conversation just let the adjuster know what you saw when you arrived and what you decided to do about. During this conversation I generally try to steer away from talking about pricing. If they ask about it then I will talk about it, but for me this is more of an information phone call to the adjuster. At this point, usually the adjuster has not been there and so to call and inform him/her what is going on is my main objective.
Kevin Pearson is a partner in Pearson Carpet Care. He has over 17 years experience in the cleaning and restoration business. He serves on several committees with the IICRC (Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification) and is on the board of directors of the PCRA (Professional Cleaning and Restoration Alliance). Kevin has dried building in Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana. He has extensive experience drying residential homes but has also dried office buildings, chemical plants, historical homes, Southern Methodist University, Stephen F. Austin State University, The Toyota Center (where the Houston Rockets play) and more.
What is Water Damage Restoration?
Water restoration companies deal with flood situations on a daily basis. Floods are natural disasters with devastating effects on people. Loss of life, loss of home, loss of livelihood, structural water damage to property, basement flooding, crawl space seepage and more are just some of the effects of water flooding.
Water restoration companies emphasize how important it is to follow flood safety guidelines and in times of flooding and natural disasters. People must take basic necessary precautions for their wellbeing so that they are not caught off guard. Floods can be overwhelming and destructive and individuals can minimize their impact by preparing in advance, before a flood can devastate properties, communities and lives.
- When preparing an action plan for your safety and the safety of loved ones, you must consider family pets as well and make the necessary accommodations for them prior to the flood.
- Study area maps and scout a safe high ground in case of flooding in your community. Make sure all family members know how to get to this spot from work, home or school. In case family members get separated during flooding, know how to get to this meeting place.
- When preparing an emergency kit for a flood, water restoration companies suggest to keep banking documents, identification papers, and any other important records, or at least copies of such papers, in the emergency kit as well.
- For insurance purposes, document possession of antiques, jewelry, and valuable assets and belongings. Store them away from the flood zone.
- Every household preparing for a flood must have on hand a battery-operated radio with extra batteries and flashlights, so buy these ahead of time and store them in the emergency kit.
- Over the counter and prescription medicines for all family members should be packed ahead of time in a first aid kit. Store the first aid kit with the emergency kit.
- Store enough clean water and food for all family members. Food items must require no cooking or refrigeration. If using canned goods, make sure you have a manually operated can opener as well.
Water restoration companies recommend listening to local flood news on battery-operated radios and adhering to instructions. Keep your gas tank full and store all supplies and emergency kits together, so they will be easy to access and take with you if evacuation is necessary. In case of evacuation, authorized personnel will provide instructions as to which routes are safe to take.
For More Information on Emergency Water Removal